Matthew Leffler, SEO / Instructional Designer / Technical Trainer
Contact me through MatthewLeffler.com
IT & Training Professional with expertise in software training, technology management, and instructional design. Known for identifying training needs, researching solutions, and implementing an improved program. Currently working with Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform to answer the needs of a county wide campaign. Consulting on data analytics and influence voters through targeted advertising using social media and geofencing for a political campaign. Career highlights include:
▪ Deliver and design technical courses and workshops for diverse audiences both onsite, remote and through e-learning using Camtasia, Articulate and Captivate. Co-Authored technical manuals and instructional textbooks on HP software.
▪ Created and administered a software developer on boarding program that included technical training, soft skills workshops, team building and mentoring components that yielded measurable data from multiple data gathering instruments.
▪ Managed and mentored help desk analyst, monitored Service Level Agreements and actively worked to improve and document processes and best practices. Lead the organization through planning, testing and implementing Microsoft Service Center for desktop management and imaging.
UpWork – Louisville, KY February 2018-present
Freelance Cloud Computing, SEO and Data Analytics
■ Leveraged AWS and Google Cloud Platform to quickly deploy a scalable, redundant MYSQL database cluster. The database includes 490,000 voters demographics, behaviors and relationships. Database also includes years of crime data, jail populations, city financial transactions accessible through Google Data Studio’s graphic reporting. These were first with one campaign in the primary and now I am using them for another candidate in the General.
■ Digitized donor lists using open source OCR applications and smartphones.
■ Used Google Fusion tables to provide voter demographic heat maps.
■ Moved a client’s Domain Authority up from 32 to 40 with creative backlinking strategies that focused on building relevant content.
■ WHM server hosting 100 personal domains. I use them to experiment with technologies and serve as demonstration items.
Accenture – Chicago, IL and Louisville, KY October 2015- November 2017
Instructional Design Analyst – Contractor
I worked on a project that awarded a post-secondary graduate certificate to students who completed a series of online modules in Business Strategy. I helped refine existing courses using Desire2Learn LMS platform and was involved in the creation of new course modules. I served as the lead for the largest of
the modules. Beyond creating the initial course modules, I also have experience supporting the courses working with the delivery team.
• Created course enablement videos and documents for faculty assistants and students.
• Expanded functionality of team’s content management solutions including Confluence and JIRA integration.
• Redesigned the desktop experience for mobile users ahead of Brightspace’s D2L platform roll out of Daylight ensuring a responsive interface.
• Created and implemented a system of achievement badges intended to bring gamification to the courses. Through encouraging identified student behavior these badges add instant feedback to student activity. Through student course feedback I also designed an exercise to change groups into teams.
Hewlett-Packard Corporation – Chicago, IL July 2013- June 2015 Software Trainer – Instructional Designer
Focused trainer who taught HP IDOL’s big data installation, maintenance and integration in multiple environments. Delivered both onsite and online instructor led courses on HP Information Governance software programs including HP ControlPoint, HP Records Manager and HP Teleform to a variety of clients including military, government, pharmaceutical, and financial organizations both internationally and domestic. Wrote HPRM Workflow course and shared responsibility in updating other data analytics courses.
■ Designed multiple courses including HP Records Manager Workflows, HP ControlPoint Administration and HP ControlPoint Installation. Redesigned the ControlPoint course using established Instructional Design methods. Created lectures, exercises and support material
■ Served as subject matter expert to HP Software Education team for Information Governance courses
■ Contributed to the HP Expert One Certification exams for Records Manager and ControlPoint
Enova Financial, Chicago, IL July 2011 to July 2013
Responsible for all technical training and technical on boarding corporate wide. Met with stakeholders to assess technical training needs and collaborated with the project management team on new initiatives training requirements.
• Designed, Organized, Executed and Reviewed a 5 week on boarding boot camp that was tasked with on boarding new software developers
• Partnered with the CTO to execute vision for a new technical on boarding process
• Collaborated with Help Desk to deliver technical workshops identified through trouble ticket analyst
• Supported Project Managers by leading technical training efforts
• Led the new hire onboarding training sessions for all technical aspects
• Provided new training materials, videos and classes for multiple technical initiatives
• Maintained the intranet site with documented processes and eLearning for end users which served as an early LMS site
• Created multiple assessment tools and reported on training feedback to executives
Enova Financial, Chicago, IL July 2011 to July 2013 Help Desk Team Lead
Managed help desk staff of 12 including interviewing, on boarding, training, disciplining, coaching and mentoring, performance reviews, and termination.
• Identified as the highest rating of any technical employee and in the Top 3% of the entire company. Due to this rating, was paired with an executive to serve as my mentor
• Redesigned and standardized the interview process and new hire training for help desk analysts
• Monitored SLAs and end user feedback reacting to customer service issues
• Implemented use of hyperV server for virtual computing and MS System Center
• Identified ways the help desk could proactively train users based on ticket submission
Norton Healthcare , Louisville, KY December 2006 to 2011 Help Desk Analyst
Responsible for supporting up to 10,000 users at five hospitals in many unique medical offices.
• Served as the technical trainer for 3rd shift staff on a variety of technical projects
• Supported Office 2003 and 2007, Outlook, Meditech, McKesson, Lawson, Kronos, Nortel VOIP, Blackberry, Bomgar, VMware, Citrix, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, McAfee, Active Directory, VPN. Also, supported hundreds of departmental specific programs such as WatchChild used for fetal heart monitoring or PRA used to process children radiology images
• Troubleshoot networking issues and communicated with end users and network operations
• Handled large increases in call volume due to the failure of a common resource outages while communicating with multiple other IS analysts
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT Master of Education – Instructional Design 2015
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT Master of Business Administration – Information Technology Management 2012
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT Bachelor of Science – Information Technology 2010